Sunday 5 October 2014

Preorder Blitz: Her Master's Teacher by Lily White @eroticlilywhite

hmtc
sy
She caught my attention the first day I was seated in her class.
Her dark red hair fell in waves down her back and her alabaster skin appeared to sparkle under the lights of the lecture hall I'd admired her from a distance, never speaking or doing anything to draw attention to myself. Each day that I spent watching her in this room, I noticed how her eyes would flick up to me. She was wary of me - frightened - and she had reason to be. Allow me to introduce myself… My name is Holland Strong and at 21 years old, I'm the youngest Master within a society of wealthy and influential men. Clair Elliot is my psychology professor in college - that is, at least, until I make her my first courtesan. She believes she knows everything about how the mind works… …and I believe I can prove her wrong  
hmtteaser
pre order

Review by Nadia Chief Obsessive Pimpette

***Obsessed by Books arc copy gifted in exchange of an honest review***
I am left a crying wreck, huddled over my kindle in a foetal position...I am unsure if these tears are triumphant or if I am truly sad for the characters featured in this latest mind warping read by the Queen of Twisted. Please heed the warning in the foreword - this is not a romance novel. There is no HEA. This book follows the planning and execution of the kidnap and the total breakdown of a woman.
"My name is Claire Elliot. I am daughter, a sister, a friend. I am 31 years old. I am a teacher. I am not property."
She is a bright and beautiful Psychology professor and Holland Strong is her student. She becomes his focus and his attention changes her life forever.  He is the step son of Gail Carlisle, in training to become a Master under the tutelage of Aiden. This is Holland's and Claire's story told from their perspectives. Although arrogant, I liked Holland a lot more than I ever did Aiden who was too self assured a character, who was far too comfortable in his chosen profession.  Holland on the other hand uses his emotion as a Master in his arsenal to forge his new Courtesan.
Suffice to say this a rollercoaster of a read, and I recommend that you read these books in order as Aiden and Rebecca feature heavily in this story.  Their dynamic hasn't changed and Rebecca hasn't lost the rebellious streak that was oh so prevalent in her own story. Aiden ....oh Aiden. At times I truly despised him, his true Master's nature on full display with his latest acquisition to train.  No softness is shown as he systematically breaks Claire down. He rapes, inflicts pain and pleasure and humiliates her at every turn. And I do mean humilation...I cringed inwardly at the things she was forced to endure.
Claire refuses to let her mind shatter and survives more than most would be capable of. I really liked Claire and the dynamic between her and Holland. I enjoyed reading her pov and as I mentioned earlier cried whilst reading her torture and screamed in my head at Aiden to stop. She is a beautifully written character and her bravery and inner strength is uplifting in such a dark read.
Without giving any spoilers away  I tried to guess where the plot was going and the reasons behind  Aiden/Hollands behavior  but I did not see the ending coming and I'm sure brain matter leaked out of my ears! So I apologise for the rambling review...I am in shock...
This is by far one of the best reads of the year, if you enjoy a challenge and a story that is so shocking you feel guilty for reading it and enjoying it. Ah the human psyche is played like a fiddle to Lily Whites tune. Amazing five star read. 

Review by Wrenn Hot Birdie

** Arc copy gifted in exchange of an honest review for Obsessed by Books ***

Another superb story written by the mistress of masters herself Lily White! 

No one does dark as well as Lily White, she has a way with words that will pull you into an emotional maelstrom and leave you wringing in sweat on the other side. In this tale she draws the reader along a perverse and twisted path into the shadowy realm of training a courtesan or submissive. Main characters are: deliciously, dark with a hint of soul, Holland, a master-in-training and Claire the beautiful college psychology professor who, because of her background and strong spirit will be a challenge to break down.

There is a secret society of men who purchase courtesans that have been trained by Holland and Aiden and Claire is being prepared to be sold to a wealthy member.

..The society is different than what you would expect. We’re not traffickers. We’re not monsters. We transform women, break them from their shell, free them from what society expects from them. You’ll understand that soon…

For background it’s helpful to read The Master’s Courtesan where we are first introduced to Aiden and Rebecca, the characters in the first book. Aiden, who is now Holland’s mentor and Rebecca, who is Aiden’s submissive, are seamlessly blended into this volume as strong supporting characters. Aiden is even crueler in this volume, he’s calculating and manipulative, controlling all around him, and although Holland is by no means whatsoever softhearted, he is not as cruel as Aiden. Their methods are opposite each other. The question is, does Holland become a master or submit to a master? 

Claire who has been kidnapped by Aiden is too educated to be obeisant. She refuses to submit causing a clash between Aiden and Holland, each has their own way and technique of ‘training’ her that culminates in an explosive outcome.

“That was ….” Aiden’s voice boomed out with joy apparent in his words ”…as extraordinary as it was bizarre. If I hadn’t seen it for myself, I would have never believed it possible.”……”I think you might have the rarest courtesan of all”

This book does not have a cliffhanger, is has an open ending, with more to come. 

I like it when an author carries the thread of a story through different books adding characters or giving each existing character a chance to have their own say. It adds depth to the whole story; we get to learn more about each individual and what drives or motivates them. Her Masters Teacher is a finely woven tale of people and their complex interactions;It is a psychological brain twister and mind f*ck of the most excellent kind.

I will be anxiously awaiting the more to come……
The Author
Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. Most of the time she can be found wandering around aimlessly while her mind is stuck in some twisted power play between two characters in her head. You may recognize her in public by the confused expression, random mumbling, and occasional giggle while thinking up a scene. Lily's favorite things in life are reading, thinking about reading, buying books for reading....and writing. Her other secret pleasure is meeting with her plot editor in public to discuss her books and watching the shocked expressions of the people around her that don't realize she's talking about a book. When Lily is not reading, writing, wandering or freaking out innocent bystanders, she's sleeping.
Author Links
HMT- Wrap
Hosted by SBR

No comments:

Post a Comment